Although we did see improvements around sepsis care and treatment we could not be assured that sepsis documentation and treatment was completed in line with best practice and the designated timeframes. Patients can be referred to SDEC treatment through different routes, including: Some of the many types of SDEC treatment include: The ambitions from theNHS Long Term Plannote that all hospitals with a 24 hour ED (type 1) will: There are significant benefits associated with treating people through SDEC services, including: The SDEC programme produces a wide range of resources, and works with key stakeholders to support the implementation of SDEC across the NHS. People told us that they were given choices about meals and drinks so that they received things they liked. AEC was well run and escalated patients that they couldnt manage. the need to embed a culture of learning from incidents, how the trust uses and reviews mortality data, the system for bed management and patient flows, embedding patient experience in the organisations learning and strategy. There are no community services for inpatients or children and young people. I visited this hospital for my mental health which I naturally was very fearful of, but I really shouldn't have been. [Very happy with 'Treatment'] Staff provided emotional support to patients to minimise their distress. If this service has not had a CQC inspection since it registered with us, our judgement may be based on our assessment of declarations and evidence supplied by the service. We have 11 permanent physician associates and one rotational physician associate in our department. We carried out an unannounced, focussed inspection starting on the morning of 08 August 2018 starting before 6am. Official information from NHS about Russells Hall Hospital including contact details, directions, opening hours and service/treatment details Accident and emergency services - Russells Hall Hospital - NHS Cant fault the staff and the service. AEC is part of the Same Day Emergency Care (SDEC). Tell us what was good and what could be improved, say thanks or call for change Have you experienced something like this, here or elsewhere? Any other browser may experience partial or no support. The trust has established ongoing practice and review systems to ensure that the management of prevention of these infections continues to be monitored closely. We saw a trust that was a considerable way along its improvement journey and saw many areas of strong development. There are daily reviews by consultant from 8am in AMU, RAB and AEC, seven days a week including bank holidays. Send your story ideas to: [email protected], Ministry of Defence confirms what caused 'sonic boom' that shook the Midlands, Country music club returns to Stourbridge pub after 50 years, Special police stop and search powers to continue for another eight hours across Birmingham, Senior Labour MP says she contacted police over threat, New data reveals train commuters spend up to 2450 more a year than car-owning colleagues, Virtual Reality used to soothe anxious 15-year-old with curved spine before surgery, Street fighting in Bakhmut but Russia not in control, Russian minister laughed at for Ukraine war claims. For minor illnesses like a sore throat, hangover or grazed knee, self-care is the best choice. Community & mental health inspection reports for Russells Hall Hospital can be found at The Dudley Group NHS Foundation Trust. WebRussells Hall Hospital jobs Sort by: relevance - date 19 jobs Cleaning Supervisor Mitie 2.9 Dudley DY1 11.14 an hour Full-time Responsible for a front of house catering team, Only low was that when my transport came for me non of the staff were around for me to thank in person for an excellent job in getting me well Thank you so much to everyone that day. Staff value the Dudley Group as a place to work and a team spirit is clearly evident. 12 July 2019. Visit https://www.careopinion.org.uk It is great to hear that you received excellent care and treatment in Maternity Department. To call the information desk from within the hospital, dial extension 7081. On the first floor is a 30-bed short stay ward. Russells Hall Hospital I first went to my pharmacy to see if they could sell me butterfly tape to close the wound. Each report covers findings for one service across multiple locations, an inspection looking at part of the service. visibility, Russells Hall Hospital / Accident and emergency, This means that some features of Care Opinion won't work, We recommend you enable JavaScript in your browser and then. Local audits being completed for sepsis patients were providing false assurance on the management of this condition within the department. "Keeping our NHS staff and patients safe should be the first thought of every company working for the NHS.". B65 8DA, In The emergency department (A&E) is busy and overstretched. Our rating of safe was Inadequate overall. Rainbow Unit is a two-storey facility with an acute assessment unit on the ground floor with 22 spaces and eight monitored beds. There remain challenges in the flow of patients, but much of this relates to flow across the rest of the hospital. We are thrilled to hear that staff were able to put you at ease during what must have been a difficult time for you. This short animation is designed to explain the role of SDEC, where it fits within the urgent and emergency care system and the benefits it provides to both staff and patients. With his familys legacy gift, this vision will become a reality, said Peace. The regional union officer said she was "shocked" when she visited the offices, claiming she saw furniture left in corridors, no social distancing, no signing in mechanism or hand sanitiser available. It is great to hear that your son received excellent care and treatment in the Childrens Emergency Department, Resus and Ward C2. We found that the number of infections had reduced since November 2011, with lower than expected numbers per month. Copyright 2021 WSFA 12 News. Most staff were complimentary and shared examples of how they were supported by their managers and teams. - we'll pass your stories to the people in health and social care who can make a difference. We took this action as we believe a person will or may be exposed to the risk of harm if we do not do so. Risks within the emergency department were not always identified and escalated appropriately. This was based on our findings of previous inspections and to monitor compliance of the conditions that we had previously imposed on the trusts registration. WebResponse from Russells Hall Hospital 3 years ago Thank you for taking the time to post feedback about your recent experience with the Ambulatory Emergency Care (AEC) Unit We took this action as we believe a person will or may be exposed to the risk of harm if we do not do so. Record all patient activity in EDs, urgent treatment centres and SDECs using same day emergency care data sets. Caring for your child and their burn injury, Shoulder injury soft tissue and fracture, 98% of patients to be seen, treated and discharged within four hours, Ambulance turnaround times have been improved dramatically, Ground floor, west wing, Russells Hall Hospital. 30 July 2013, We found that people received care that met their needs. The care I received from start to finish was exceptional. They litteraly saved his life after he had severe croup which came on suddenly on Tuesday 23rd may 2022. The trust took immediate steps to put this right. Suspended ratings are being reviewed by us and will be published soon. The Dudley Group of Hospitals, which runs Russells Hall, said it was proud to have protected patients, visitors and staff throughout the pandemic and had some of the lowest rates of hospital transmission of Covid-19. I felt really listened too when I was at my worst and feeling hopeless. People could not always access services when they needed. Visit https://www.careopinion.org.uk These were: Further information in relation to the 19/20 CQUINs can be found below: Ambulatory emergency care guide: same day emergency care clinical definition, patient selection and metrics, Same Day Emergency Care CQUIN specification, Same Day Emergency Care CQUIN 2019/20 audit collection tool. The trust does not always follow its own policy in relation to DNACPR (do not attempt resuscitation) notices. They told us that this had led to a poor culture and working environment where some staff told us thatthey felt fearful and disempowered. In fact, we're the only hospital in Broward I'm so glad we've chosen Russells Hall as our hospital to give birth in. Published AMU operates closely with ED and admits medical patients 24 hours a day, seven days a week. nhs.uk It is pleasing to read such lovely comments regarding the care your Grandmother received from our staff in A&E and AEC along with the team who carried out her X-ray. I was really apprehensive about attending A&E for my mental health but I'd feel able to attend again if I ever needed too. Thankfully she was allowed home, but she is safe in the knowledge that should she need emergency care again in the future, she will be in the best of hands.Fantastic hospital, thank you. We found that systems were in place to monitor the service quality by the executive team, and at ward and department level respectively. Russells Hall Hospital / Accident and emergency The overall star rating is based on how well a hospital performs across different areas of quality, such as treating heart attacks and pneumonia, readmission rates, and safety of care. All the best and take care. We are currently in the Yellow category for Visitor Risk Level. There are six bands within the monitoring system so this Trust had a relatively lower risk. I'd also like to thank the cleaning staff lady who alerted a nurse for me when I couldn't reach the emergency button because my son was in a comfortable position where was just about able to breathe. We noted that the trusts action plan to address the concerns following the Keogh review had been put into place and signed off. We use this information to improve our site. For Covid-19 Test Results or Patient Portal registration please call the number below. All rights reserved. Our inspection of the trust covered only the Emergency and Urgent Care core service of Russells Hall hospital. Patient Experience Team, by That username is already taken - Posted on 19 May 2022, I accidentally dropped an Angle Grinder on my shin at home on Saturday morning Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at our hospital and rate our services As a long-standing member of our hospital board, Mr. Russell has been instrumental in our strategic plan and steadfastly supports our vision to become a The firm said it had complied with the order and the safety of staff and patients was its top priority. WebAbout: Russells Hall Hospital Posted via nhs.uk 5 years ago My nan was brought up to A&E on the 30th November 2017 she came by ambulance and was treated with such Patient Experience Team. In AMU, you will also be reviewed by therapy services if necessary. Pensnett Road, Dudley, West Midlands, DY1 2HQ The Emergency Department (ED) is located at Russells Hall Hospital and is a 24/7 service. By choosing well, you will help to reduce the burden on essential emergency services. Visited Accident and emergency services on April 2022, Report review titled Kind staff as unsuitable, Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at our hospital and rating our services as 5 star. nhs.uk The donation will also pay for a new center, the Benjamin Russell Center for Advanced Care, to provide geriatric health care, specialty care and more. All of the staff on the ward were brilliant with him, Honest and open with me and his mom and were professional and courteous until the moment he was discharged. VideoRussian minister laughed at for Ukraine war claims, The children left behind in Cuba's mass exodus, Xi Jinping's power grab - and why it matters, Snow, Fire and Lights: Photos of the Week. When I gave my name at reception, the receptionist was disinterested when I said I had been referred by 111 service. We spoke with staff on A2 ward and the IMAA who described the teams as stressed and not coping as a result of the high number of agency staff. [Very happy with 'Staff attitude'] Same day emergency care (SDEC) is one of the many ways the NHS is working to provide the right care, in the right place, at the right time for patients. This means there is low to moderate transmission of COVID in the community. 2023 Russell Medical. The service made sure staff were competent for their roles. NX West Midlands operates a bus from Dudley Cemetery to Russells Hall Hospital every 10 minutes. 2023 Russell Medical. We rate most services according to how safe, effective, caring, responsive and well-led they are, using four levels: Outstanding This caused me to get upset and concerned and seeing this a nurse came over to me,calmed me down and reassured that I was going to be fine and it could be fixed.All staff were friendly and helpful and honestly couldn't fault any of them There's no need for the service to take further action. Russell Medical | 256.329.7100 | 3316 Highway 280, Alexander City, Alabama 35010, Russell Medical Orthopaedics & Sports Medicine. (Purple), High Our inspection of the trust covered only this hospital and only Emergency Department, IMAA and Medical ward A2 based at Russells Hall hospital. (Purple), High You can register to join the FutureNHS Collaboration Platform workspacehere. Your lovely comments have been shared with the AEC team who will be delighted to receive them. Following your discharge home, an electronic discharge summary will be sent to your GP giving details of investigations and treatment on the unit, with details of medication changes, medications on discharge and any recommendations for follow up and referrals. I then come down with a pneumonia on my chest. Staff assessed and monitored patients regularly to see if they were in pain. as unsuitable, Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at our hospital and rate our services as 5 star. This was based on our findings of previous inspections and to monitor compliance of the conditions that we had previously imposed on the trusts registration. All the best and take care. psychotherapist for the kindness they showed me. Very shortly I was out of A&E, with a few spare dressings and a leaflet in my hand and a bandage on my leg. Published We visited the accident and emergency department, the emergency assessment unit, the isolation ward and the trauma and orthopaedic ward. About: Outpatient services are also provided at the Corbett and Guest hospitals. The hospital is south Stourbridge, Of the 14 trusts inspected under the Keogh review for the quality and safety of their services, The Dudley Group NHS Foundation Trust was one of only three trusts that were not put into special measures. WebThe national SDEC model builds on previous improvement work in ambulatory emergency care (AEC) services across the NHS, with the aim of providing a consistent approach to We are continuing to monitor progress against these. People told us that they were happy with the care that they had received at the hospital. We specifically looked at the safe aspects of our key lines of enquiry within the emergency department at Russells Hall.