The only thing that has changed since this case is the ability of people to access and proclaim crackpot ideas, conspiracies, and all the rest. I hope she suffers and goes insane from loneliness. Does it actually have to be an obligatory duty for anyone to be present at a trial before they are able to have an opinion? New state, new man. She was also accused of breaking into barns, stealing horses, and underfeeding the ones she owned. Unbloody vehicle. Ive scanned through of all my remarks on this site and nowhere have a seen a single remark that confirms your assertion that Ive been insulting. Police need evidence of perpetration in every claimed case, and Sells is regarded as lying about some claimed murders per inability or unwillingness to detail. If you subscribe to Hulu and upgrade to Starz (theres a free one-week trial offer), you can stream the Wrong Man episodes about Patricia Rorrer. Both wanted to be doctors. A Dallas jury unanimously found Yaser Said guilty of killing his two teen daughters on Tuesday. She was bubbly and likable, not disgruntled, according to friend Kathy Barber, who visited her friend in jail. Yaser Said is accused of killing his two daughters in 2008. In one entry, she writes that she has plans for people who have messed with her, and that "people will be surprised of what she is capable of," Caledonia County State's Attorney Lisa Warren said. OK my GUESS is Patricia did do it! It was just assumed to be crib death. Deal refused. And when Patricia was taken into custody where they removed 39 hairs with root, and then all of a sudden after the FBI report say that the hair tested had NO ROOT ATTACHED, the hair tested had a root? Dial-a-problem. Or did they? Black said she was glad Said took the witness stand, giving her the chance to poke holes in his story, exposing him to everyone who has been watching this case. Patricia and her defense team denied that allegation and said she owned her home, had no financial Now retired, he declined ForensicFilesNow.coms invitation to spar directly with Patricia via a podcast. Stop defending her when she is guilty!!!!! Go somewhere else where your asserted expertise will be professionally tested and you wont be so frustrated and insulting about those who disagree (with your expertise and opinion). Blasczyk said she is pleased with the outcome of the case. Your assertion that most people cant distinguish reality from crackpot nonsense is in fact nonsense the reality is that most people are easily fooled by these biased documentaries who then feel its okay to spout their tripe as if its the gospel. Your email address will not be published. I have never seen anything this egregious in all my years.. in emerging media and communication from the University of Texas at Dallas and an M.S. Help, the younger sister could be heard crying on a 911 recording. The series was produced by Joe Berlinger, who made the Paradise Lost documentaries, which garnered actor Johnny Depps attention and ultimately helped free the West Memphis Three. "I hope somebody gets their hands on you and hurt you and do everything you ever did to anybody. Meticulous primping. And dance instructor William Jarrett couldnt remember whether she attended his dance class at the club the night of Joanns disappearance. Patricia Owens, Everyone lies. As for Joanns parents, her father died a year after the murder. Despite the fact it has never been proved thats exactly how it happened, it seems to be accepted as fact it could just as possibly have been the other way round, beaten and then shot. I didnt read anything in this article that convinced me I didnt like that the lab had a bad rep and I do agree the police lie and frame people sometimes so I cant say 100% she did it or not. However, while sticking solely to the Rorrer case, the issue of the husbands alibi is very much open to doubt if one takes into consideration what the documentary, STARZ-The Wrong Man (in two parts) has revealed. I cant lose them, he told the media. If I knew I was going to get caught, I never would have brought you into this world, the arresting officers testified they heard her say to Nicole. What definition? According to Kohlhepp, the RTPD obtained Patricia Koptas DNA sample, then obtained one from her sister and a nephew. "It's been an honor and privilege to stand up and be an advocate for Sarah. More hairs there. If I rolled my eyes any harder they might fall out. Special prosecutor Patricia Brown Holmes said, even though her side didn't win any convictions, the case still helped make police more accountable. Authorities said they have no evidence that Jerome had cancer or was dying. They retested the hair for DNA evidence with updated technology definitely Patricias hair case closed. Well, at least you managed some sense there when you say that, especially when you take into account the amount of evidence and witnesses which were withheld from the Defence and what appears to be a clear case of evidence-tampering. Its his hair (dirty blond and roughly 8 inches in length) that was found in Joanns hand. Nope. Patricia seemed like the girl next door but all of a sudden, something snapped, Katrinak later told Wrong Man investigators. All rights reserved. At 17, Patricia dropped out of high school and married landscaper Gary Gabard. But then again I havent actually SEEN the evidence. Im sorry Sally, I know you want someone to blame for the death of your daughter and grandson, but the person who actually killed her is serving a life sentence in another facility in Pennsylvania. Some lawyers call microscopic hair analysis junk science that today wouldnt qualify as evidence in a trial like Rorrers. A man normally wouldnt care about killing a child, but a woman normally would have some kind of abhorrence to harming an innocent child. because theres money to be made from the commercials added into their show. She is right where she belongs for now until she meets satan in the fury of hell. Police slowly built a case against Patricia. Yaser Said was found guilty of killing his two daughters, 18-year-old Amina Said and 17-year-old Sarah Said, in 2008. Andrew described his existence with Joanne and Alex as a little Camelot., Ex-spouse off list. The police report misspells his name (Troutman) and doesnt include his address, suggesting authorities didnt want anyone to track him down, according to Patricias side. Patricia pled guilty on April 2, 1990. Whether or not one believes said person has a motive, did investigators have an actual factual case or not? After an hour Id call anyone whod listen to me including police! Unless theres a complicity between him and her, and the reason she didnt divulge it is because she hopes to put all the blame on him, when she was the one to murder and he was a planner. Jerry Browns office. According to court documents, Patricia Owens, the victims mother and Saids former wife, told authorities that her son and Yaser Saids brothers indicated support for the killings and were not cooperative with law enforcement. At the trial, prosecutor Michael McIntyre alleged that Patricia remained obsessed with Andrew Katrinak long after their breakup despite testimony that shed had many boyfriends and live-in lovers to occupy her bandwidth. Fact is she wasnt and all of her alibis were proven to be lies. She failed miserably to convince me, or anyone else who mattered, of her innocence. Four months after Joanns disappearance, farmer Paul Kovalchik reported seeing what at first looked like a pile of clothes on his land in Heidelberg Township woods, about 15 miles from the Katrinaks house. At 17, Patricia dropped out of high school and married landscaper Gary Gabard. And then in their zealous efforts to show their ire, feel the need to suggest anyone who supports her is deluded. Then international law enforcement was contacted. We lived close to one another. A person tried in a court of law and then found guilty is not the be-all and end-all to the case. We didnt expect it. The fact that there was a broken fingernail with skin attached to it found on her clothingand wasnt Patricias. The fact that there is LITERALLY NO EVIDENCE that Patricia was actually obsessed with Andy; they spoke as friends maybe twice a year. Patricia McCloskey pleaded guilty Thursday to misdemeanor harassment and was fined $2,000. You took my family all in one night," she said. Lets stop pretending we can definitively prove this woman murdered this woman and her child. so then using your contention, one who is deeply religious and sees God as being a factual figure is wrong? Said showed no emotion as the verdict was read. The Prues were accused of luring Jenkins, a single mother, from her rural home and then strangling and beating her to death. Hair we go. The Free Patricia Rorrer page responds to comments from supporters (How is this even possible that this woman is still in jail?!? There is no justice for your loved ones when the wrong person is paying for the crime. Nataly Keomoungkhoun, Engagement/Breaking News reporter. But thats just some of the ammo on Team Patricias battleship. 2023 www.burlingtonfreepress.com. Stop it.. Susan Wright is out of prison after killing her husband in TX. Your pathetic attempt to insult not only shows a not very original comment, but clearly displays a lack of intelligence. Discuss and express opinion; stop short of asserting that those of the other view (that of judge and jury, at least) are ignorant of facts and wrong, and youre right, because by definition its reasonable for lay people to accept the jury verdict. When she was there, she refused to discuss her private life or where she came from.. Or the fact the one of those officers heard her make this statement at the time of her arrest and not the other. Very similar. According to the Division of the Adult Institutions and Gov. They released a poster of Joann and Alex, noting that the baby had almond-shaped blue eyes, weighed 18 pounds, and was circumcised. "I don't have any mercy for that lady," Blasczyk said, referring to Patricia Prue. Yaser Said is accused of killing his two teenage daughters Amina and Sarah in 2008. I THINK THEY SHOULD REOPEN THIS CASE AND LOOK AT THE HUSBAND JUST SAYING BUT IN MY HEART AND MIND FROM READING ALL THE NOTES AND STUFF PATRICA IS NOT GUILTY AND THEY NEED TO SET HER FREE. But her reputation wasnt exactly sleek and shiny. Yeah, no. Just one example. If Patricia had injuries it wouldve only been to her hands and she wasnt questioned right away which is also the reason she took Joanne elsewhere to kill her so her body wouldnt be found for a while and she would have time to return home. How would an intruder find it? PS Speculative lies is meaningless. Said's defense attorney said he will be filing a notice to appeal. Patricia Kopta eventually developed dementia, police said. They found several specimens but not a single one was a match. Have a tip or story idea? They told him that if he testified against his sister, Patricia, he would be able to get out of prison sooner. CHOOSE1 Three Strikes Reform Act needs 365,880 signatures by June 1: Volunteer today! Thank you and well said. After researching this case more thoroughly, I stand corrected about the time it took the jury to return a verdict. She is a D-FW native with a B.A. It showed her usually all-brown hair haphazardly highlighted blond. Have you read the book? Stop trying to prove that everyone who is prosecuted is rightfully prosecuted. DNA testing revealed the blood came from either Joann or her son. SHAME ON THEM. Whatever the truth is. It cost me a lot of money, I even put advertisements in the paper down in Puerto Rico looking for her.. As to her duration on death row, no: inference cannot be made as to her guilt as theres a woman with about the same time (Holberg) and another with almost as much. Patricia Wrights brother, Larry Wright, 47, and her neighbor, Janet Marcelin, 55, both testified that Patricia Wright and Lawrence Slaughter committed the murder but recanted their testimony after Patricia was sentenced to life without possibility of parole. His favorite rattle, shaped like a phone, lay near the crime scene. Allen Prue maintains that he is innocent, and he has appealed his conviction to the Vermont Supreme Court. Patricia McCloskey pleaded guilty to misdemeanor harassment and was fined $2,000, while Mark admitted to misdemeanor fourth-degree Its definitely getting rougher every day, Andrew told the Morning Call. Advocates for her innocence complain of hype surrounding the case. I expect she will admit it one day. I had five children to take care of and it was costing me so much money to travel two hours from Riverside to Los Angeles and sit in court all day, Patricia said. That poor child and that poor woman. Im trying to understand exactly your reasoning asking me staying away from this site because of my insulting remarks! That, as well as measurements of the babys head (revealing the infant to be of a more advanced age) very much suggest they were killed some considerable time after what was believed at her trial. The article also notes that most inmates earn around 19 cent an hour at their jobs and must pay $5 each time they need medical attention or medicine. Theyre more than happy to exaggerate and speculate the details of the crime, which serves to attract more viewers who (like you) seem to be happy to believe it all. And this doesnt apply to your opinion learnt from a well-researched book, from documentaries which show and mention a great deal of facts and evidence which was never brought up at her trial. They dont need to make money??? Perhaps that would lessen your fright. Have you watched any of the documentaries Ive mentioned? Mr Freeman, Why are youre rude about others who disagree with your OPINION (including jury and appeal judges)? Lawrence Slaughter is currently serving a life sentence in Calipatria State Prison for the murder of Jerome Scott as well. Its totally irrelevant. Yes, documentaries probably do misrepresent evidence, and many may respond to that misrepresentation, but beneath that is jury judgment, and while courts can be wrong they are usually right. Remember, killers have the advantage over investigators. You are correct the bodies were not there all that time, and it seems odd that they baby taken at 3 month, but when found he was 6 months according to Wrong Man. Both were deceased. Let me simplify this for you in religion, one is taught there is a God. Nine. Irelands husband buried it in the yard because he didnt feel comfortable with a firearm inside, she said. I attack only those whove considered themselves not only judges on this case, but go on to vent their spleen aimed at a person who in my opinion is innocent of this crime, based on all Ive read and watched without fear of retaliation If they so freely attack someone in the most vicious way, why should they be off limits? Pfeiffer and Burke claimed that police Sgt. If her husband was going to do that Im sure he wouldve done it in a totally different way! Police were led to the Prues by a business card found in Jenkins' home for Allen Prue's snow-plow business and a report that the Prues had called Jenkins about trouble with their vehicle. Her mother was married to my uncle. Keep her murdering ass locked up!!! I would suggest you take the time to read the book or, at least watch the documentaries which STICK TO THE FACTS, and then comment. ST. JOHNSBURY A three-year nightmare for the loved ones of Melissa Jenkins is one step closer to ending. There was a push for a mistrial, but a 16-year prison sentence was negotiated instead. Shes being well taken care of.. A man was convicted Thursday of helping to hide a brother who was accused of murdering his teenage daughters in Irving more than 12 years ago, the U.S. Attorneys Office announced. No explanation given. A person tried in a court of law and then found guilty is not the be-all and end-all to the case. The criminal, a crazy with a psychotic crush on a man, the planner a individual with a lot of self esteem and narcissistic charm who can persuade women, was rich thought compared to the individual in this case, and the victim, a woman who saw her life only as a wife and mother and had no other pretensions, and that even if she had threatened the individual that she would leave a few times, she always stayed. The womans disappearance became a missing person case with the Ross Township Police Department that sat on the shelf, lacking progress, for decades. Clifford Freeman, were you a juror? As to blood splatter, at a far enough distance, a .22 isnt going to leave much blood splatter, and there probably wont be an exit wound, it will just bounce around the skull, and you dont have to make someone bleed to beat them, and several months in the elements is plenty of time to wash away some evidence as well, although luckily not all. According to Arletta Wright, Patricia needs to be driven because she has been legally blind since the age of 16. And finally, your supercilious comment about Speculative lies Ive perused my previous comments and at no point do I see those words! Tiffany, it is amazing you have all the answers to these murders! And Patricia did live in another state. And why would the judge not let the information about Jerome being a homosexual be known to the jury.. More likely it reflects a relative reluctance to execute females as well as the pendency of what will be the last episode of DNA investigation. If you want to help her let her find peace by admitting her wrong and asking God for forgiveness. Her brother Larrys false confession was all the LAPD needed to put Patricia behind bars. How about the two eyewitnesses that identified her alive days after her disappearance. Maybe then you will see the wrongful conviction! She hadn't lived long enough.". Lieutenant Christopher Coble and Sergeant Suzanne Pearson would later testify that Patricia cried and apologized to 18-month-old Nicole, telling the baby, Im sorry for doing this to you and lamenting to the officers that she would never see little Nicole again. 2}Wo).hf}~g={g::y]peb78R,;>59_'cuB F4QyU&9G=#0 Emailus. Owens said Said made her a weak woman but that those days are over. Beautifully said Cliff! Ironically its you who is basing your view on second-hand information, as you were not in court. And in a piece of salacious testimony, Patricia Rorrers half sister, Sandra Ireland, said that in May 1995, about six months after the murder, their mother, Patricia Chambers, stopped by the house and asked her to hold onto or hide a gun, or both. These two offenses were classified as felonies when they should have been only misdemeanors, since the property stolen was valued under $400. Im a hunter and in the spring I have found many dead deer that died from starvation or other reasons and the bodies are untouched. And, why is it reasonable to believe lay people accept the jury verdict? Dame Patricia said she was "deeply saddened" to hear of her former co-star's death. I want to keep the tons of old jewelry but Im perplexed. This woman was motivated by an obsession with a man who no longer wanted her. And shes were so happy. True, Andrew would have no way to acquire and plant Patricias blond hair there because it wasnt that color when she knew him. Its nothing short of a feeble stab hoping to impress but really amounts to splitting hairs, or to put it another way, hot air with no substance. It seems so, according to you. Or did they? Why would it be an irony for a person to express his opinion? The fact that her jeans were unbuttoned and unzipped. Joanne wouldnt have fought back as she was shot therefore almost immediately incapacitating her and was holding her son. DALLAS Yaser Said, once listed as one of the most wanted men in America, has been found guilty of killing his two teenage daughters. All the sources said the same thing either exposure or suffocation, but no certainty about which one. The state police dropped him as a suspect. FBI agents watched them deliver grocery bags to the house and then followed them to a shopping center in Southlake where they dumped trash from the home, prosecutors said. All 3 of her alibis were lies, DNA tied her to the murder, there was no sexual assault, she had a violent past, was obsessed with Andy, and was caught lying about owning a gun, which coincidentally jammed after firing once and shell cases were found on her property. There are those on this very site who express their disappointment she was not executed. Shes attracted the help of writer Tammy Mal (full name Tammy Malinowski OReilly), author of Convenient Suspect, a book about the case. Jerry Browns office, because of Wrights Three Strikes sentence of life without possibility of parole (LWOP), she does not qualify for medical parole. Why bother with this site, which isnt for professional criminalists/forensic scientists, if youre going to get so tetchy and rude? It is not necessary to the case against her that she owned the killing gun (and it would be foolish to have used it). "As horrible as Ms. Jenkins death was, it should stand for something," Marsicovetere said. SHE IS NOT GUILTY OF THESE CRIMES. For more on the Katrinak murder case, you can watch Autopsy Six: A Fatal Attraction for free on YouTube. Are you even aware there are judges, eminent writers, lawyers and TV personalities and countless other ordinary people all of whom steadfastly support her as being innocent and wrongly convicted. Irving Police Chief Jeff Spivey hailed authorities for pursuing justice in the case for more than a decade. They broke up in 1993. The first rule of a murder is motive. Required fields are marked *. I saw lots of her defenders saying that he got the hairs from a hairbrush of hers that he had somehow saved, which I thought was absolutely ridiculous. Patty was soooo obsessed with Andy that she moved away to North Carolina some 5 years before this happened, right? Highly charged case. What did the ME report as to the age of the baby? Nataly is the lead writer on Curious Texas and a breaking news reporter. Said tried to blame the FBI for not searching for an unknown person, he said, was the real killer. Forensic tests suggested the hair found in the car and at the murder scene came from Patricia. How do you explain her not telling the truth to the authorities about the gun and its flaw of only able to shoot once and then jamming up. A Pennsylvania woman who went missing more than 30 years ago in a case that stumped authorities who later declared her legally dead has been found living in a nursing home in Puerto Rico. DALLAS, Texas - A Dallas jury unanimously found Yaser Said guilty of killing his two teen daughters on Tuesday. 5 years prior to all this happening! Also why if beaten with a gun or with whatever, why was there no blood on the clothing? Bully for you if youve read a lot and seen a lot: its meaningless to other posters and adds nothing to your argument for innocence. Instead of presenting hard facts, all I see are words and phrases that are purely speculative.. such as perhaps. This article is little more than fiction. They also presented an email from the girls to one of their teachers prior to the murder saying they feared their father would kill them. Im dying. A Pennsylvania woman who went missing more than 30 years ago in a case that stumped authorities who later declared her legally dead has been found living in a nursing home in Puerto Rico. False. Alfey liked to look at model homes, so they decided to stop by an open house that was located at 13810 Redberry St. in Moreno Valley, California. I was told they wanted to convict Lawrence Slaughter and not my sister.. I accept there are a couple of remarks which can be seen that way but they are in direct response to those whove been offensive in the first place. And its been bad. He gave an audio interview to the Wrong Man investigators when they made a surprise visit to his house, but he declined to appear on camera. Of course, if he had info that only the perp would know Admission has long since been disregarded without corroborative evidence. And the obvious answer is Ill tell you why (which really is common knowledge). By clicking Sign Up, I confirmthat I have read and agreeto the Privacy Policy and Terms of Service. Another thing that stumps me is Joannes supposed good friend who said that Joanne told her she was leaving Andrew. Contact Elizabeth Murray at 651-4835 or [email protected]. When they were getting ready to drive away, a police car pulled up behind them and checked their car. That did amuse me I have to say, but youre way off target there Im more than happy with my state of mind before and after reading any of these comments. According to Marsicovetere, state programs should be focused on intervening to help those with mental illnesses at the earliest point possible. During Patricias hours-long turn in the witness chair, Michael McIntyre grilled her relentlessly. They are total bs. As for the words exchanged on the call between the two big-haired women, Joann told Andrew that Patricia had used profanity; Patricia said it was the other way around. Three days later, Joann had plans to pick up her mother-in-law, Veronica Katrinak, to go Christmas shopping. So you see, MY STATE OF MIND is based on factual information. Not normal folks obsessed ones do. If there was more talk about finding this .22 mm gun then that would solve all of this speculation. From my point of view this is an extremely similar case, with less class and style, and without the luxurious details that Interpols case had, such as the involvement of an extremely expensive Alfa Romeo car, and a revolver bought at a lush auction in Paris, which had belonged to a duke before the incident. Why? A Texas father one of the FBIs Ten Most Wanted Fugitives wanted for the slayings of his two teen daughters was busted after more than 12 years on the run, the federal law enforcement agency announced.