A post shared by Jenny Marrs (@jennymarrs), Next up, the duo is partnering with Ben and Erin Napier to transform the community of Fort Morgan, Colorado for season 2 of Home Town Takeover., We are here in Fort Morgan, Colorado and this community and the stories we will get to share this season are truly inspiring, Jenny announced on Instagram in July 2022. Would love your thoughts, please comment. DONATE TODAY! After they got married the couple decided to start their family, they always knew they wanted it to be big and big it was. We wanted it to be affordable.. I was just texting yesterday with Sylvies foster mom, Laure, in Congo, who cared for Sylvie for two years, Jenny says. We prayed for the families who would join us and for the families across the globe who will be impacted because of our little farm tucked away in the Ozarks. Jenny Marrs met her better half, Dave, right out of college when they both were working for the same company but in different parts of the country. Deep down in their hearts, Fixer to Fabulous couple Jenny and Dave Marrs always knew they wanted to adopt. (BHG is owned by Dotdash Meredith, PEOPLE's parent company.). Is Guillermo Del Toros Pinocchio Actually A Solid Family Film? ", RELATED: HGTV's Jenny and Dave Marrs Celebrate Daughter Sylvie's 11th Birthday with Sweet Tributes. Jenny, however, does not care who mocks her efforts for as long as she meets her objectives. And though Jenny and Dave thought their new baby daughter could join them and their twin boys Nathan and Ben who were 4 at the time by September, they encountered a major curveball. "I feel like God put [it] on our hearts that she was ours, and right when you knew, it was just like, 'Yup.' It comes out such a beautiful, rich colour. The married couple share a rundown of their work and home life in the April cover story of Better Homes & Gardens. RELATED VIDEO: Why Charlize Theron Knew She Would Adopt Her Kids: "It Was Always My First Choice". The collection is currently still being sold at Walmart. We are only able to, NFL Star Sam Acho Reflects on Gratitude, Humility and Influence, Chrissy Metz Shares Heart Behind New Album, Childrens Book at, How Pure Flix Helps Viewers Encounter God This Easter Season, John Schneider, Chonda Pierece to Star in UPtv Premiere of, How to Watch the 30th Annual Movieguide Awards Broadcast on, TikTok to Add One-Hour Default Time Limit for Minors By, Passion Play THE THORN Is Headed To Theaters: 'God Has, Lori Loughlin Signs on For Second Great American Family Christmas, Mark Wahlberg: Its Not Popular In My Industry, But I, Peyton Hillis Thanks God After Recovering From Near-Drowning: 'Yahweh has, Walt Disney Co. Loses Control of Walt Disney World's District, Filter/search movies by genre, quality and content rating and discover, 'Faith Is a Verb': Roma Downey on Living for Christ, JESUS REVOLUTION Producer Andrew Erwin: 'God Is Bringing Revival' By, Trevor Donovan Slated for Two New Movies with Great American, Chuck Norris Praises George Washington's Faith, Shares President's Passionate Prayer, Premiere Family Friendly Streaming From Movieguide, Pat Boone Talks Faith and Family Values on the Movieguide, Actor Gary Sinise Reflects on Hollywood Career: Life is About, Movieguide Award Winner DeVon Franklin Asks for Prayer for New, JESUS REVOLUTION's Box Office Success Shows Christians Carry Sway By, DUCK DYNASTY Stars Share Spiritual Impact of Family Coming to, Movieguide's reviews, videos, Date Night and Family Night apps are, THE BACHELOR Star Zach Shallcross Implements 'No Sex' Rule By, Behind the Scenes of OPERATION FORTUNE:Star Cary Elwes Enjoys Doing, More Rings to Rule Them All? On April 26, 2022, Jenny shared the launch video for the collection on Instagram. The Marrs started sending money for food and supplies, and organized small local fundraisers for assistance. What Will Happen to Cara Dune In THE MANDALORIAN Season 3 After Gina Caranos Firing? Photo: Craig Barritt/Getty; Jenny Marrs/Instagram, HGTV's Jenny and Dave Marrs Share Their Amazing Adoption Journey to Daughter Sylvie, Dave and Jenny Marrs Open Up About the 'Crazy Chaos' of HGTV Stardom, Raising 5 Kids and Life on the Farm, Kelly Ripa Celebrates Son Joaquin's 20th Birthday with Throwback Photos: It Goes By in a 'Flash', Hugh Jackman Shares Valentine's Day Tribute to Wife Deborra-Lee Furness: 'You Light Up the Room', Tina Knowles-Lawson Praises Blue Ivy on Her 11th Birthday in Sweet Tribute: 'Such a Queen'. Then the unthinkable happened: There was a Congolese government shutdown, which meant that all adoptions were suspended. Jenny Tolman and Dave Brainard Welcome First Baby, Son Bear Harrington See the Photos! For instance, the Busby quintuplets came after Adam and Danielle struggled with infertility. The two met back when they used to work in the same construction firm Newell Brands as a builder and designer in 2002. Together with her husband, Dave Marrs, she co-hosts the HGTV show Fixer to Fabulous. The couple did not apply for an appearance on the show and were selected and approached by the channel after hearing about their passion for home building. Frozen on Broadway Gets Mixed Reviews But Overall a Positive, 10 Things You Didnt Know about BLACKPINK, 10 Things You Didnt Know about Woah Vicky, The Five Best Santa Claus Vs. In their time apart, Jenny and Dave made arrangements for Sylvie to move into a foster home with a Congolese physician friend of theirs. ", "It kind of puts your whole life on hold. More From Us:Alaina Anderson Wiki: Age, Job, Derrick Rose, Net Worth, [] viewers. One side will be a spacious walk-in closet, the other will be the bathroom, with a larger shower, double vanity, and stand-alone tub. The couple reduced their expenditure and looked for any tax-deductible methods to have enough money to spend on the adoption process. When things get chaotic, and we start to question why were doing all of this, Jenny and I look at each other and say, Remember the why.. "Happy happy birthday to my beautiful Sylvie Marrs. Long before they were the affable stars of a smash-hit HGTV home renovation show, Fixer to Fabulous, Jenny and Dave Marrs were quietly running Marrs Developing in Bentonville, Arkansas, remodeling houses for grateful local families and dreaming of a family of their own. Through the Berry Farm which funds the orphanage, the youth in the Zimbabwean orphanage get vocational training to prepare them for adulthood. Through Sylvie, they were introduced to global philanthropy, and now contribute to various non-profits that offer assistance to orphans and young adults who have aged out of orphan care in Congo and Zimbabwe. Thats one reason why the fertility challenges she and her husband Dave faced were hard to understand. The HGTV stars announced the upcoming launch of their store, Marrs Mercantile, on Instagram. Hero Fights, 10 Things You Didnt Know about Savannah Welch, 10 Things You Didnt Know about Vanessa Guerra, Netflix and Zilch: There Really Is Less to Stream on Netflix These Days, Daniel Craig Never Really Wanted to Play James Bond, 10 Things You Didnt Know about Kathryn Dunn. Then once we started talking, he said, Look, if the show calls attention to these organizations you support, dont you think that alone would be worth it? And he was right. When a production team sent by HGTV came calling in 2018, a television show was the furthest thing from their minds. WebGreat choice for indoor or outdoor use. :). 11 years old today," he wrote. Find her on ReallyRather.com. The firsts born into the family were their twin boys, Ben and Nate, who are 10-years-old. How can it be that the years of praying and pining for your physical presence in our family feel equally like a lifetime and a blink ago?" The pair are heavily involved in supporting orphanages in the Democratic Republic of Congo, from which they adopted their daughter Sylvie, and support a Zimbabwe-based agricultural charity with the proceeds from their blueberry farm. I know you have a blueberry farm. I love your show sooo much you both and your kids are adorable. Exclusive: Dave and Jenny Marrs Balance Family, Fame, and Farm Life They eventually gave birth to twin sons, Nathan and Ben, now 12, and then started what the In the writing below is everything you need to know about her and the family and empire she built with her long-time partner. Dave revealed that he and Jenny were initially unsure about signing on to do FIXER TO FABULOUS because they had young children at home. It wasn't until August 2013 that she finally became their legal child. I was born January 24,1957. Dave and Jenny Marrs know how to keep their busy schedules in check! However, before they could complete the process, Jenny got pregnant with twin boys, Nathan and Ben, whom she describes as rambunctious. I love that we get to do this and am so grateful for everyone who has joined us on this ride, Marrs concluded. HGTV couple Dave Marrs and Jenny Marrs never expected to find fame and land their own show, Fixer to Fabulous. You can find out more and change our default settings with Cookies Settings. ", On top of that, Jenny had also just found out she was pregnant with their now-5-year-old, Charlotte, which meant Dave was the only one who could travel back and forth to Africa, due to her "high-risk pregnancy.". Motivated by the global orphan crisis, the couple felt they "both had it in [their] hearts that it was something [they] wanted to do" in expanding their family through adoption. 'Don't Tell HGTV': Ben Napier Shares 'Sneak Peek' of 'Home Town Takeover' Season 2, Cecily Strong Says She Was Too 'Emotional' to Reveal 'SNL' Exit Beforehand: 'Time of My Life', The Wanted's Nathan Sykes Engaged to Girlfriend Charlotte Burke: 'She Said Yes! Their adoption journey was no easy feat and they talked it all during the interview. Season 2 of Home Town Takeover is expected to premiere later this year. Also, she had two different profiles on Facebook. It is 1/2 the strawberry jam recipe and 1/2 the blueberry recipe. 'The Voice' 's Jon Mullins and Wife Whitney Welcome Baby Girl Charlotte See the Photos. Friends from near and far gathered on this soil that has bold prayers and big dreams burrowed deep within.. Theres never a relaxed timeline; its always a rush with no wiggle room., FIXER TO FABULOUS star Jenny Marrs gave fans an update on her familys Bentonville Berry Farm, the blueberry farm her family runs to help raise profits for, What Will Happen to Cara Dune In THE MANDALORIAN Season, Raquel Welch Remembered as a Strong Christian By Movieguide Contributor, THE CHOSEN Season 3 Finale Tops Box Office in Theatrical, Media Giants Battle Significant Debt Following Pandemic Expansion By Movieguide, Movieguide is a 501c3 non-profit. We made a difference for our child and our daughter.". Their daughter Sylvie is an adopted child from the Dominican Republic of Congo and the couple had to wait for 602 days to officially bring her home. MOVIEGUIDE is the only organization that provides Christians with the tools they need to make informed decisions about the movies and television programs they watch. "We stick to that blueprint as much as we can. "She was taken from everything she'd ever known. Jenny Marrs graduated from high school in 1992. We stick to that blueprint as much as we can. Tour Their Home. Jenny started her career as a marketing employee in a small construction firm named Newell Brands. HGTV power couple Dave Marrs and Jenny Marrs are all about making homes more functional for their clients. Donate today and help us create more family-friendly content for everyone to enjoy. They were sure to FaceTime their daughter constantly, as well as share pictures of them and vice versa, and Dave also visited three times. Product weight: 3.52 lbs. FIXER TO FABULOUS stars Dave and Jenny Marrs recently shared how they balance their hectic work schedule and busy family life. Where on earth did you find the candlestick? Laure and I are, when you break it down, the same. Brother vs. Brother Reveals Who Has the Edge. Love your show. Would love your thoughts, please comment. She also earned a lot through the show fixers and fabulous and her income is majorly supported by her work in the business at Marrs developing. "The emotion of it was really similar to the birth of our bio children that first time holding them," Jenny adds. Likewise, Jenny and Dave could not get a baby, and they even started thinking of adopting as published on Arkansas Online. "I get emotional thinking about it, 'cause it was just really special.". NO I did NOT get my lips done. Meet the Marrs five children. "Mostly, I'm glued to my phone, checking on orders, reading texts. Mostly, Im glued to my phone, checking on orders, reading texts. Their eldest daughter Sylvie was adopted from the Democratic Republic of Congo. See the Cutest Photos of the HGTV Couples 5 Kids. Jenny began the lengthy caption. The HGTV star responded to plastic surgery speculation in her Instagram Story on January 7, 2023. Their fans speculated what the couple could be up to. I had a terrible allergic reaction last year that took months to heal. According to Jenny, they have filmed the eleven episodes in Fixer to Fabulous within the three years although each episode only takes 42 minutes. The home renovation show is all about restoring historic homes in the familys beautiful Northwest Arkansas hometown. If we had to pick a side, wed go with Drew and Jonathan Scott all the way. Their reluctance to live and work on camera was strong, but their desire to spread the word about the kids who need assistance was stronger. We cant help but wonder: Is a tray ceiling so bad when it allows you more headroom for pretty light fixtures? She has not shared much about her family and parents but it is known that their names are Joan and Steve Smith. READ NEXT: HGTV Crowns the Winner of Ugliest House in America Season 3, Jenny Marrs Responds to Plastic Surgery Rumors, Please review our privacy policy here: https://heavy.com/privacy-policy/, Copyright 2023 Heavy, Inc. All rights reserved. It looks fantastic and is far less expensive and easier to install than marble. Tell us what's wrong with this post? In the episode California Couples Dream Home, the Marrses meet Dusty and Hannah Layugan, who have just moved to the area from California. Nevertheless, the transition was still difficult for the little girl to comprehend. Bye. After a while, when the business was set up under the name Marrs Developing she tried her hands into designing and started working with her husband while continuing her job. Once renovations are done and the Layugans tour their new home, theyre amazed by how different it looks. Raquel Welch Remembered as a Strong Christian, STAR TREK: PICARD: Episode 303 and 304: Seventeen Seconds and No Win Scenario, THE CHOSEN Season 3 Finale Tops Box Office in Theatrical Opening, Media Giants Battle Significant Debt Following Pandemic Expansion, Forgiveness And Redemption Are Everything. Creed III World Premiere, Chrissy Metz Shares Heart Behind New Album, Childrens Book at 2023 Movieguide Awards, John Schneider, Chonda Pierece to Star in UPtv Premiere of THE CONFESSION Musical, How to Watch the 30th Annual Movieguide Awards Broadcast on UPtv, Feb. 26, TikTok to Add One-Hour Default Time Limit for Minors, Passion Play THE THORN Is Headed To Theaters: God Has Directed Every Step, Lori Loughlin Signs on For Second Great American Family Christmas Movie, Mark Wahlberg: Its Not Popular In My Industry, But I Cannot Deny My Faith, Peyton Hillis Thanks God After Recovery From Near-Drowning: Yahweh has Really Blessed Me, Walt Disney Co. Loses Control of Walt Disney Worlds District Privileges in Florida, PRINCESS POWER: Episode 1.1: Unstoppable Unpoppable Princesses, Faith Is a Verb: Roma Downey on Living for Christ, JESUS REVOLUTION Producer Andrew Erwin: God Is Bringing Revival, Trevor Donovan Slated for Two New Movies with Great American Family, Chuck Norris Praises George Washingtons Faith, Shares Presidents Passionate Prayer, Pat Boone Talks Faith and Family Values on the Movieguide Red Carpet, Actor Gary Sinise Reflects on Hollywood Career: Life is About Giving Back, Serving, Movieguide Award Winner DeVon Franklin Asks for Prayer for New Projects, JESUS REVOLUTIONs Box Office Success Shows Christians Carry Sway, DUCK DYNASTY Stars Share Spiritual Impact of Family Coming to Faith, Be An Angel, A New Book By Roma Downey Exclusive Interview, THE BACHELOR Star Zach Shallcross Implements No Sex Rule, Behind the Scenes of OPERATION FORTUNE:Star Cary Elwes Enjoys Doing His First International Spy Movie, More Rings to Rule Them All? "So when she came home to have a baby here, it was sort of a comfort for Sylvie, I think. [heart], Dave and Jenny. Soft green tone beautifully complements a wide variety of greenery, cacti, and other colorful plants. Jenny is a philanthropist and likes to spend her time and resources in helping orphans, family preservation, advocating for community and social causes. Georgia Slater is a writer/reporter on the Parents team at PEOPLE. Jenny is very charitable and has contributed money to help feed hungry children. We cant wait to share this one with you all! "I get emotional thinking about it, 'cause it was just really special. Guess What Dave and Jenny Marrs of Fixer to Fabulous Have in Common With Christina Hall? Jenny watches each and every episode of the show fixers and fabulous along with her husband. I believe this show is going to be a bright light of hope and we are immensely honored to have been asked to partner with the Napiers to transform this town!. Jenny and Dave met right after college when they found themselves at the same company but in different branches. Movieguide is a 501c3 non-profit. They also paint the trim black, for contrast and for a more up-to-date look. Dave and Jenny Marrs are not the first HGTV stars to have opened retail locations following in the footsteps of Home Town hosts Ben and Erin Napier and Fixer Upper stars Chip and Joanna Gaines. Having adopted their daughter Sylvie from the Democratic Republic of Congo in Central Africa, they also advocate for holistic orphan care for the hundreds of millions of orphaned, abandoned, and at-risk children around the globe.